Music for Dance
- Traces for percussion ensemble (1974)
- Process for solo flute (1973)
- Intaglio for flute, clarinet, cello, and piano (1970)
- See also The Silver Whistle for narrator and orchestra (1980)
The Silver Whistle began as sketches for a ballet. The works I composed in the early 1970s for modern dance explored rhythmic and pitch materials that failed to sustain my long-term interest, and I later withdrew them.
Nonetheless, I remain interested in ballet and modern dance, and kinetic rhythms are frequent in my mature works. Choreographers may potentially find music of interest in the works listed below.
- Heralds of Spring (2016), 6.5'
- Interludes from Rose in Flames (2016), 15'
- The Night Sea (2013), 8.5'
- Five Sketches (2010), 12'
- Times Trans-shifting (2008), 7'
- Midnight Dances (1992), 9'
- Five Sketches for violin, cello, and piano (2016), 12'
- Dream Suite for flute and harp (or piano) (2007), 9'
Contact me to obtain higher quality sampled audio files. Scores and performance materials of the works are available through Subito Music Distribution.