Music for Dance
“Dance-like,” kinetic rhythms are frequent in my mature works, and choreographers may find some music of interest in the works listed below. (In my younger years I composed some works with non-propulsive rhythms for choreographers who requested them. These early works served their purpose at the time, but I soon realized I preferred working with more kinetic rhythms. I long ago withdrew these early, less-propulsive dance works when I realized they no longer felt “like me.”)
Suite-like Orchestral Works
Suite-like Chamber Works
- Five Sketches for violin, cello, and piano (2016), 12'
- Dream Suite for flute and harp (or piano) (2007), 9'
Single-movement, Episodic Works
- Heralds of Spring (2016), 6.5'
- The Night Sea (2013), 8.5'
- Times Trans-shifting (2008), 7'
- Midnight Dances (1992), 9'
Contact me to obtain higher quality sampled audio files. Scores and performance materials of the works are available through Subito Music Distribution.